Don’t know exactly what happened, but when I checked on my linux box today hoping the KDE 3.5 compile was finally done, I saw bootup stuff on the screen. Something had caused it to reset (could have something to do with the 100% disk usage).
/var/log/emerge.log says I got up to 106 of 277 of the kde-meta package (which was kde-base/kopete) and then the file ends with a
*** terminating. message. It took 28 hours to get less than 40% through the meta packages so I am now going to give up and just get 3.4 base. All I really want is an up to date Konqueror. Its times like these that I wonder why I am still using Gentoo.